Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

PERFECT CHOCOLATE MUFFIN


Hi again all.. I'm here again to post my new cake.  I left baking for about two months since my cholesterol rise and I was worried so much.  An uncontrollable worry that I hate to see my oven for some time.  For the sake of my little girl who begged me for a chocolate cake then I made this, a chocolate muffin. I choose muffin because it's the simplest cake to make.  I was so lucky to find this blog for it has a perfect chocolate muffin recipe. I copied the recipe here:


they had a deep chocolate flavor

Yields: 12 muffins
INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa, I used Van Houten 
1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, I used white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 cup (8 ounces) milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons vinegar, i left off this
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
coarse pearl sugar, for topping (optional) (I omitted this)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 400°F.  Line a standard muffin pan with paper or silicone muffin cups, and grease the cups.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder, salt, and chocolate chips. (I put the chocolate chips in last after the rest of the batter was finished). Set aside.
In a large measuring cup or medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients, along with the melted butter, to the dry ingredients, stirring to blend; there’s no need to beat these muffins, just make sure everything is well-combined. (I still had some little bumps in mine. I then stirred in the chocolate chips).
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin; the cups will be heaped with batter, and the muffin will bake into a “mushroom” shape. Sprinkle with pearl sugar, if desired. (I left out the pearl sugar)
Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven, and after 5 minutes remove them from the pan, allowing them to cool for about 15 minutes on a rack before peeling off the muffin papers or silicone cups.


I've made them twice, and they turned out perfect. Good luck all!


No comments:

Post a Comment