Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

KETAN HITAM CAKE (STEAMED/KUKUS)

It was all begun about two months ago when my husband brought me a snack box from his office. He handed me the box then I opened it and there I got ketan hitam chiffon cake, a risoles, a cup of pudding, a cheese roll and a lontong. I ate all but i was not interested to taste the chiffon cake.  Why? Because it's Ketan Hitam!
 
Many years ago, a relative came to our house and brought us a pan of ketan hitam cake. I ate one and it was bad, really bad. The cake was sodden and what to say..it's sandy,you know.. Since that day, I avoided any kinds of ketan hitam cakes.

Back to the story of snack box, it was only the chiffon cake that left. But my husband didn't eat it either, he said he ate one at his office. Finally I grabbed the chiffon cake and bite it. My brain worked so fast then recognized the taste of the cake, it was sooooo good, oh no it was perfect. I ate the cake very slowly and enjoyed its taste. Ooooh my God, it's soft and fluppy..

and here I am now, baking my own :)

The recipe:
3 eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 120 grams of sugar - 175 grams ketan hitam flour - 100 ml coconut milk and 75 ml veg oil.

How to:
Mix eggs,salt and sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add ketan hitam flour.

add ketan hitam flour

stir well


pour the coconut milk and veg oil mixture into the batter

stir well. after the mixture well blended pour it into a plastic pan. steam the batter for about 30 minutes

Remove the cake when it's done from the steamer. Let it cool in a wire rack. 


Cut into slices, then enjoy.

Now what do you think about it? To me myself, it's a big change. From the hater to the lover. Yes, I was a ketan hitam cake hater, now, I am a ketan hitam lover. What's better,eh??


No comments:

Post a Comment