Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

SNOW WHITE COOKIE (PUTRI SALJU)

My Gam Gam :D (ha! ha! I actually didn't call my grandmas Gam Gam.. it's only the effect of Horrible Bosses - one of the funniest drama comedy I've ever watched - Jason Bateman called her grandma Gam Gam in that film, so funny to me!), she baked me this cookie when I was a child. I have no idea what this cookie is called in English, but here in Indonesia we call it Putri Salju which means Snow Princess (literally). Yet I think that name is so weird then I prefer to call it Snow White, just like one of those Disney's princesses.





I do LOVE this cookie and so does my little girl. It has two flavors in a single bite, sweet and savory. The basic cookie dough is made from the mixture of salted butter and flour, that where the savory flavor comes from. After being cooked the cookie dusted with powdered sugar. When you put it in your mouth, it melts and makes you fly, lol!

Ingredients:

350 grams all purpose flour 
50 grams cornstarch
2 tablespoons powdered milk
300 grams salted butter
1 egg yolk
powdered sugar as needed

Directions:
1. roast flour, let it cool, set aside
2. in a large bowl, cream together the butter and yolk until light.
3. add cornstarch and milk, stir well.
4. add gradually the flour, stir by hand or wooden.
5. shape the dough by hands.
6. bake until cooked. no need to wait for the cookie to cool, put the cookies into a plastic bag of powdered sugar. shake them slowly then remove and place them in a wire rack. Now allow them to cool. 
7. Place in a jar.
8. Enjoy ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment